If you’re here, it’s because we have something in common: We both have your wedding to plan.
And weddings get me crazy excited—I love the intricacies of each one, helping select the best vendors for every couple, keeping that budget in line, watching small details personalize all the weddings I’ve ever planned… But mostly I love the relationships I get to build with my clients throughout their planning journey. What an honor it is to be trusted by each couple to orchestrate the plans we’ve labored over together, sometimes for years.
Oh, and my favorite part of the wedding day? Always the vows. If there’s anybody tearing up during the ceremony, it’s THIS girl.
Let me say this: I genuinely believe that building a close relationship with my clients is as wonderful as it is necessary for the success of their wedding. This kind of relationship builds trust, facilitates clear communication, and it gets me personally invested in how perfectly the day goes.
And if there’s any vendor you hire who should be personally invested in your wedding day, it should be your Coordinator.
I am here to be real with you too…wedding planning is no small task, and as exciting as it is to be getting married, it also takes courage for engaged couples to choose to take on such a huge project. (Shout out to all the couples who made it to their wedding day without caving and eloping instead!)
YES, wedding planning can be overwhelming and complicated, which is why you’re here, but it can be an incredible, wonderful experience if you do it with the right people! (The amazing vendor team I’ll help you create!)
So here’s what you can expect when you hire me:
- Peace of mind—I’ve got your wedding handled.
- An endless resource—I am prepared to point you in the best direction regarding anything Wedding-Related.
- A professional consultant—I am here to navigate you through tricky budgeting decisions, complicated (and often boring!) vendor contracts, Itinerary and floor plan creation, whether to let your guests invite plus-one’s…any question you’ve got.
- A good friend—I am available to talk you through the challenges you may experience while planning, such as uncomfortable conversations with family, wedding party drama, opinions differing from your fiancé, stress-management, your inner-Bridezilla…
- Your biggest cheer-leader—I won’t just guide you through the struggle of wedding planning, I’ll also be here to celebrate with you as you check big tasks off your To-Do List, successfully navigate hard choices, personally grow as humans, and have the best time ever being engaged, too.
Do you see why I’m so STOKED to be a wedding planner?
Have I made you excited about planning your big day yet?
If so, I can’t wait to meet you. Let’s chat!
My Call to Action
As a human, my perspective on life, weddings, and my job is constantly growing. I love it! But here’s where I’m at with it all right now.
1) I look at wedding planning as a beautiful opportunity for my clients to grow together and as individuals throughout the process. Wedding planning is full of decision-making, interesting challenges, and a lot of fun (yeah, don’t even try to tell me that cake tasting isn’t THE BEST because it is). I consider it my job to help my clients look at wedding-related “problems” as opportunities for growth instead.
2) I have a deep desire to be a Mover and Shaker in the Wedding Planning Industry right now. At almost every wedding I’ve ever coordinated, I’ve been told by at least one vendor that I’m the first Coordinator they’ve had a positive experience with. They’ve explained that other Coordinators are usually so interested in ensuring that they’re doing only the tasks listed in their contracts that they lose sight of the fact that they’re the director of someone’s wedding day! I’ve been saddened to learn that many of the Coordinator’s in the industry are creating a reputation for us that we are not advocates for the team of vendors we lead, that we are unwilling to get our hands dirty to ensure our clients’ wedding day is perfect, and that we are an extra challenge for vendors to deal with on the wedding day. Some vendors would rather not work at weddings that have coordinators at all.
This is mind-boggling and so frustrating to me, because that reputation is the total opposite of what I consider my job to be! On your wedding day, I will be your vendors’ leader, and I strongly believe that the best leaders are those who are willing to work the hardest, get in the trenches with their team, and do whatever they can to troubleshoot, resolve conflict, and make your wedding a success. My entire job is to ensure that your vendors have the tools and information they need to do their jobs well, because this will guarantee that your wedding day runs according to plan! My biggest priority is the happiness of you—my clients—and that requires harmony, strong work-ethics, and good communication.
I want to undo this reputation that Coordinators have, and I hope to accomplish this by raising the standards of what we should be willing to do on the wedding day on behalf of our clients and vendors. I am trying to do this one wedding at a time by making good impressions on every vendor, client, wedding guest, and fellow Planner and Coordinator who I encounter.
3) Lastly, it’s important for us to remember that we are all just people. A massive part of our work together is comprised of, well, talking, and it is totally impossible that somewhere throughout our relationship we may misunderstand the other or hurt the other’s feelings. I would hate to find out only in a review you write after your wedding that I caused conflict I was not aware of, and that could have been remedied much sooner! To keep us as focused on planning your wedding as possible, I do my best to maintain clear communication, mutual respect, and the freedom to honestly express our thoughts and feelings.
My Work Policies
I approach my job as though I am not working for clients, but with them. After all, without understanding your vision and consulting with you on important issues as they arise, it will be difficult for me to plan your wedding knowing that I have made the right decisions. To ensure we fulfill your wedding dreams, our planning relationship should be rich with communication, and a spirit of collaboration. We're a team! You make the decisions, I'll make it happen.
While I will absolutely look over your contracts with other vendors as they are being considered, I do not sign contracts on my clients' behalf. Clients are fully responsible for vendors they hire to work alongside of me.
I gladly accept payment via cash, check, or Square.
"MaKenna is five stars all around. She had a hand in shaping our two-day wedding into one epic celebration. First off, MaKenna is organized, communicative, flexible and she has a strong attention to detail. These are all characteristics you have to have in a wedding coordinator. My fiance and I met with MaKenna multiple times leading up to our wedding. At each meeting, MaKenna asked lots of questions, listened even more and took copious notes. I could trust that she had our best interest in mind. She asked enough questions that she could anticipate any potential issues on the day of. That's how you build trust with your clients. Our two-day extravaganza went down flawlessly thanks to MaKenna. I was able to relax and fully enjoy each moment because I could trust that she knew the schedule, who was supposed to be where, and that all the guests were happy. She was making things happen behind the scenes with confidence and grace. No easy feat over 2 days and 120 guests each night. Don't hesitate to hire her. I would, again."
~ Tolu P.
"MaKenna made our wedding day, rehearsal, and months of planning an absolute dream. I can honestly say I wasn’t stressed out once. She is organized, dedicated, hard working and so sweet. Being a bride that didn’t have a lot of specificities about the day except having a lot of greenery she made the whole day look like it came straight out of a fairytale. If you want your day as special as mine was I would definitely recommend MaKenna. She is passionate about making your wedding the best day of your life."
~ Tina P.
"If you are looking for a competent, highly organized, emotionally intelligent wedding planner, look no farther. My wife and I originally were going to try to handle the planning ourselves since we thought our wedding would be “simple” enough. However, I can say with confidence that she was worth every penny. From the meetings and detailed checklists and ground plans, to regular reminders, to the huge peace of mind on the big day when you know you have nothing to fear for you are in good hands. 10/10 would recommend."
~ Grant E.
"Working with MaKenna to plan my wedding has been a dream.
When thinking about hiring a wedding coordinator, I hoped to find someone who would help me stick to a schedule and understand the vision I had for my wedding. MaKenna has far exceeded these expectations. She worked with my fiance and I to create a checklist month by months that was easy to follow and low stress. She is full of creative ideas but is also respectful to my opinions, visions, and most importantly, the budget! I would recommend MaKenna to any bride or groom in need of a helping hand to plan their wedding."
~ Debbie W.
"I was the florist for a wedding Perfectly Planned Moments planned. It was wonderful having another point of contact, as the bride was very busy and some details were best left with the planner. MaKenna was so thorough with emails and phone calls, making sure every aspect of the day would go as planned. She was a true professional and made a great impression on me as a vendor. The wedding was executed flawlessly and the bride was at ease throughout the day. I will be sure to refer MaKenna and Perfectly Planned Moments to any future brides."
~ Susan B.
"MaKenna was awesome to work with throughout our entire wedding process. Although she was only our day-of coordinator, she met with us monthly starting more than 6 months before the wedding. She is super organized and on top of everything. On our wedding day, she made everything run very smoothly and was there from start to finish. It helped us relax and actually enjoy the whole day. We loved working with MaKenna!"
~ Debbie S.
"While MaKenna has been pursuing her wedding planning and coordination business for a year and a half at full throttle, her poise and professionalism makes it seem as though she has 20 years of experience in the business! She has a calming demeanor that is exactly what I needed as a stressed bride with a busy job and little time to plan my own wedding. We started working with her a year before our event and she was there to help coach us every step of the way as questions arose. She returns emails, texts and phone calls promptly, puts care into every bit of communication, and anticipates bride/groom needs in a way that's nothing short of impressive. Due to my husband and I's planning, we actually ran out of booze the first few hours of our wedding. But fear not! MaKenna guided our staffing team to make a Safeway run during the event, informed us (the bride/groom) of the extra purchase so it wasn't a shocker later, and our guests never even noticed. That's one of many examples of how MaKenna knows how to solve a problem without it ever turning into an issue. I also wanted to point out that she's great in handling varied bride-groom opinions. My husband and I didn't agree on some things throughout our wedding planning process and every time we had differing opinions in front of MaKenna, she calmly suggested solutions that met both of our concerns or pointed out if something didn't need to be discussed further, i.e. move on to the bigger ticket items vs. over-discussing details. I appreciated this as it helped us with momentum in our planning. I'm super confident that MaKenna's business will continue to thrive in the years to come! Thanks, MaKenna! We truly couldn't have done this without you."
~ Laura V.